Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Setbacks and steps forward

When you set goals for yourself, it is almost impossible to foresee the challenges that are presented along the road to success. I am no different of course. As much as I wanted to submit a portfolio for the Don Freeman grant, it is pretty clear at this time that I am not going to make it, and that is OK, because, honestly, I am not ready. I still have a ways to go before I would be comfortable presenting my work as "finished". Definitely want to make the right first impression, and rushing myself to meet that deadline will not do that.

That being said, I have learned quite a bit about the direction I would like to take my art, and my drawing has improved greatly, if I do say so myself.

So, onward... good things to come ahead!

No comments: