Wednesday, April 2, 2014

First steps


Hair has always been my Achilles heal when it comes to drawing, but then, I never really practiced drawing just hair. So, I took on the task of doing some quick drawings focusing on the hair. I think they came out pretty well. And I really like each kid as a whole. I was quite surprised when I finished the little girl in the top right (the first one I did).

One thing you might notice is that many of my drawings have a slight lean to the right. I never really noticed it until I started doing my comic strip and turning the drawings backwards while inking them. Not sure how to fix that issue; will have to work on it.

The images below are some drawings I did recently when the pull to draw came back to me.

Amelia Island Lighthouse (from photo)




I continue to be encouraged and excited as I pick up where I left off. I plan to challenge myself here soon with 30 drawings in 30 days or something similar. I got a book from the library on learning the basics of the Bible in 30 days, so I'd like to correlate my drawing with that. Check back to see what happens.

No comments: