Wednesday, January 14, 2009

IF - contained


The first thing that came to mind when I saw the IF theme this week was Aladdin, and the line in the movie where the genie talks about being contained in his "ity-bity living space."

As usual, I most likely won't get to color this before time is up, so here is the rough sketch. I am not too happy with the genie's face; looks to much like a kid. I have a few other things I want to fix as well, then I plan to try and color this in Illustrator, as an experiment.

3 comments:

Mônica said...

Oh, you manage to post something new, which is more than I can say! :-)

It's a good idea, I like the Genie and how he's holding up just three fingers. He's got a friendly face... I guess to make him look older you could try heavier eyebrows?

This will look great in color!

Anonymous said...

Great sketch, I can't wait to see in colour!
Oh and the age thing, I guess genie's don't see the sun much so maybe he wouldn't age.
Love your dragon!

Tom Barrett said...

Thanks, Mônica and Amanda!