Monday, October 25, 2010

Update

Been a long time since I posted anything here. You may remember from my previous post my desire to get more into gardening, and my online comic strip going. Well, I am proud to announce that I have reached both those goals!

I would like to present Head of the House, my new web comic. I spent a lot of time working on this and getting a "buffer" of strips ready, and am excited to have it to a point where I can present it to the public.

My initial schedule will be once a week, posting a new strip each Thursday morning. However, I do want to get to a point where I can do more strips per week.

As for gardening, I planted what I termed an "experimental" garden, with the intention of using it to learn more than to get a large amount of produce. And I feel I achieved that as well, and am ready to go all out next spring. I created a blog to document my progress.

As a result of my gardening, I have become increasingly interested in the slow food/local food movement (though I don't really like the term "movement", as it makes the efforts of everyone involved sound more like a temporary trend than something to be embraced long term).

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well.

Thanks for checking back in!

2 comments:

Michael said...

oh bummer, Tom, just read your last post and this after someone just today turned me onto your blog for inspiration! Sounds like you are not keeping this one up to date now though and I really do like your style here.

BTW, I went to your comic book site and guess what? IT is all jumbled up with actual html code showing. Something needs to be fixed on it as no pictures or legible copy show up. I even refreshed! Weird.

I'll check back another time and see how it goes.

Tom Barrett said...

Thanks for the nice comments. I do check back in from time to time, if only to check on the other illustrators in my "Blogs I Like" column.

As for the comics, I plan to ditch GoDaddy and move the site to BlueHost soon, as I can't seem to get anywhere with GD to get the site (and others) to work correctly. I have not updated that site in a while as well, but plan to soon.